From coast to coast, festival stage to powwow trail, here's a handful not-to-miss Indigenous gigs this weekend:
1. The Good Guys July 22 - The Pyramid Caberet, Winnipeg. A 4-in-1 night of Indigenous hip-hop featuring Big Will, Lorenzo, Boogey and Wab Kinew. Event info: The Good Guys
2. 32nd Annual Grand River "Champion of Champions" Powwow July 23-24 - Six Nations of the Grand River, Oshweken, Ontario. Gates at 10am, Grand Entry at noon! Event info: Grand River Powwow.
3. 1stAnnual Running Water Singers Powwow July 23-24 - Fayetteville, North Carolina. While so many powwows celebrate their decades of existence, it is exciting to know that new powwow continue to come to life. Event info: Fayetteville Powwow
4. Ganondagan's 20th Native American Dance & Music Festival July 23-24 - Ganondagan State Historic Site, Victor, New York. Grammy and 12 time Native American Music award winning artist Joanne Shenandoah headlines. Event info: Ganondagan.
5. Calgary Folk Fesitval July 21-24 - Calgary is getting a good dose of our Indigenous Sisters this weekend with performances by Buffy Ste Marie and Elisapie Isaac. Cris Derksen will also be at the festival, accompanying Lightening Dust.