Hard to believe these are the last shows of August! Live music and powwows are making noise from East to West Coast. Here's RPM's picks for the weekend.
1. A Tribe Called Red August 25 - The Ottawa-based DJ collective brings their electric powwow sound to Toronto, ON, at The Drake Underground. More info: facebook.com
2. Don Amero August 26 - Métis roots singer-songwriter at St Paul's Anglican Church in Dauphin, MB. More info: facebook.com
3. 2011 International Métis Fest August 26-28 - The weekend of fiddle, jigging and river carts also includes a nightly concert series with Ryan Keplin, JJ Lavallee, Ryan McMahon, 4 Nations Dancers, Patricia Conroy, Jerry Sereda,Norman Cheif Memorial Dancers, Dawn Dumont and even more at The International Peace Garden, MB. More info: metisfest.com
4. Opaskwayak Cree Nation Pow Wow 2011 August 26-28 - Grand entry at 7pm at The Pas, MB. More info: facebook.com
5. Burnt Project 1 August 26 - The 11 piece band plays a fundraiser for their next album at Winnipeg's most notorious art house The Cyrk, MB. More info:facebook.com
6. Kinnie Starr at The RED Revue August 26 - ANDPVA presents Kinnie at their RED Revue series, this time at the TRANZAC, Toronto, ON. More info: facebook.com
7. Kwantlen First Nation "Mini" Powwow August 26 - Kwantlen First Nation and the Seyem Qwantlen Group of Companies will host a one day powwow at Kwantlen First Nation Park, BC. More info: facebook.com